Food Does Matter
I just finished watching the documentary FOOD MATTERS (available on Netflix), and am in awe at the alleged/proven power of vitamins and minerals.
According to this documentary, the medical/pharmaceutical companies are in the business of selling drugs. Shocked?
Although common sense, the consequences of this may not be apparent at first. If they only make money off of selling drugs to sick people, how would they make money when people make full recoveries and no longer need the medication?
The short answer is, they don’t.
The purpose of both this post and the documentary are not to make the medical/pharmaceutical look out to be evil, greedy bastards.
As the documentary put it, “You can be sincere, but you can also be sincerely wrong”.
The documentary goes on to point out how this “big business” has refused to allow too much research on the benefits of simple nutrition.
Nutrition plays a key role, the most vital even, in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
To some up quickly some key points.
- Cooked food contains less nutrients and, because of the changed molecular structure when cooked, are actually met with an increase in white blood cells by the body (almost as if they were an invading organism.
- Vitamin C does cure the common cold and, with increased doses, much more (including attacking cancer cells)
- Look into “Super Foods” for really good nutrition
- At least 51% of your diet should include raw, organic, fruit and green vegetables
- Drink plenty of water (around 2 liters when you wake up BEFORE you eat/drink anything)